Real Insurance Event Advice
Volcanic Activity Kadovar Island, Papua New Guinea
10 January 2018
We are closely monitoring the progress of the volcanic activity of Kadovar Island, 24km North of mainland Papua New Guinea. Further event advices will be available as this information changes.
If you are in Papua New Guinea and need emergency assistance call us on +61 2 9333 3967.
Please stay up to date with the advices issued by DFAT at http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/.
The below information was issued on 10 January 2018 and applies to your Real Insurance Travel Insurance policy underwritten by Hollard.
This event constitutes a natural disaster event under our travel insurance policies and is considered to be an event or potential event known in the mass media as at 7:28pm AEDT 8 January 2018.
For policies issued prior to 7:28pm AEDT 8 January 2018 You are covered for the following policy benefits (subject to the policy terms and conditions, limits, Benefit exclusions and General Exclusions):
• Section 1: Overseas emergency medical assistance (all policy types)
• Section 2: Overseas emergency medical and Hospital expenses (all policy types)
• Section 4: Additional expenses (Comprehensive and Annual Multi-Trip policies only)
Note that there is no cover for trip cancellation under any policy type. For policies issued after 7:28pm AEDT 8 January 2018 There is no cover under any policy type for any claims arising from this event. You are covered for other claims that are not related to this event.
Making a claim
• If you are claiming additional expenses, make sure you keep a copy of all your receipts.
• If your travel was cancelled or delayed by a transport provider, you may be able to claim some of your meal and accommodation costs through them. Please check the terms and conditions of your transport provider’s ticket, and keep a copy of all their communication with you.
• Real Insurance PDS gives you all the information you need to make a travel claim. You can find a copy of the PDS at https://www.realinsurance.com.au/product-disclosure-statement/
If you don’t need emergency assistance, you can make a claim when you get back home. To do so contact us on 13 19 48.
• Take reasonable steps to minimise your claim.
Contact your airline or Travel provider for assistance if you need to rearrange your travel plans.
• Keep your receipts and any other supporting documentation e.g. travel provider cancellation letters. If you are claiming for additional meal, accommodation, and travel costs, please ensure you retain copies of all of your expense receipts.
A Reminder - If you are in PNG and need emergency assistance call us on +61 2 9333 3967.
For details about what your policy covers, please refer to your Product Disclosure Statement. Limits, conditions and exclusions may apply under your policy.
We will assess all claims in accordance with your Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and your Certificate of Insurance. Your cover will depend on the type of plan you purchased and your particular circumstances.