Updated on 10/10/19
Super Typhoon Hagibis formed in the Pacific Ocean off the coast of Japan and is forecasted to reach Japan, near Tokyo and Yokohama, on Saturday 12th October 2019. Some matches of the Rugby World Cup have been cancelled due to severe weather conditions
If you are in the affected areas and need emergency assistance call us on +61288837078 or e-mail on email@example.com
The typhoon may cause travel disruptions to customers in the area.
DFAT have not issued an event advice at this time. Please keep up to date by visiting https://smartraveller.gov.au
The below information was issued on 10 October 2019 and applies to your Real Travel Insurance policy, underwritten by Hollard.
This event constitutes a natural disaster event under our travel insurance policies and is considered to be an event or potential event known in the mass media as at 10:00am AEDT 10 October 2019.
For policies issued prior to 10:00am AEDT 10 October 2019
You are covered for the following policy benefits (subject to the policy terms and conditions, limits, Benefit exclusions and General Exclusions):
• Section 1: Overseas emergency medical assistance (all policy types)
• Section 2: Overseas emergency medical and Hospital expenses (all policy types)
• Section 4: Additional expenses (Comprehensive and Annual Multi-Trip policies only)
Note there is no cover for the above benefits unless your travel and accommodation has been directly affected by the typhoon.
For policies issued after 10:00am AEDT 10 October 2019
There is no cover under any policy type for any claims arising from this event. There is provision for cover for other claims that are not related to this event subject to the policy terms and conditions, limits, benefit exclusions and general exclusions
Making a claim
• If you are claiming additional expenses, make sure you keep a copy of all your receipts.
• If your travel was cancelled or delayed by a transport provider, you may be able to claim some of your meal and accommodation costs through them. Please check the terms and conditions of your transport provider’s ticket, and keep a copy of all their communication with you.
• The Real Travel Insurance PDS gives you all the information you need to make a travel claim. You can find a copy of the PDS at https://www.realinsurance.com.au/RealInsurance-Mk2/media/documents/pds/travel/real-insurance-travel-pds.pdf
If you don’t need emergency assistance, you can make a claim when you get back home. Contact us on +61 2 8883 7081.
• Take reasonable steps to minimise your claim. Contact your airline or Travel provider for assistance if you need to rearrange your travel plans.
• Keep your receipts and any other supporting documentation e.g. travel provider cancellation letters. If you are claiming for additional meal, accommodation, and travel costs, please ensure you retain copies of all of your expense receipts.
For details about what your policy covers, please refer to your Product Disclosure Statement. Limits, conditions and exclusions may apply under your policy.
We will assess all claims in accordance with your Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and your Certificate of Insurance. Your cover will depend on the type of plan you purchased and your particular circumstances.