Real Insurance Event Advice
Volcanic Activity Mt Mayon, the Philippines
25 January 2018
We are closely monitoring the progress of the volcanic activity of Mt Mayon in the Philippines. The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology advises the volcanic activity is expected to continue for some time.
Further event advices will be available as this information changes.
If you are in the Philippines and need emergency assistance call us on +61 2 9333 3967.
Domestic flights between Legazpi and other local airports have been cancelled, and this can change quickly. Please view your flight provider’s website for their updates.
DFAT have issued a warning to contact your airlines regarding any possible flight disruptions. Please stay up to date with the advice issued by DFAT at http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/
The below information was issued on 25 January 2018 and applies to your Real Travel Insurance policy, underwritten by Hollard.
This event constitutes a natural disaster event under our travel insurance policies and is considered to be an event or potential event known in the mass media as at 10:38pm AEDT 22 January 2018.
For policies issued prior to 10:38pm AEDT 22 January 2018
You are covered for the following policy benefits (subject to the policy terms and conditions, limits, Benefit exclusions and General Exclusions):
• Section 1: Overseas emergency medical assistance (all policy types)
• Section 2: Overseas emergency medical and Hospital expenses (all policy types)
• Section 4: Additional expenses (Comprehensive and Annual Multi-Trip policies only)
Note that there is no cover for trip cancellation under any policy type.
For policies issued after 10:38pm AEDT 22 January 2018
There is no cover under any policy type for any claims arising from this event. You are covered for other claims that are not related to this event.
Making a claim
• whether your policy was issued If you are claiming additional expenses, make sure you keep a copy of all your receipts.
• If your travel was cancelled or delayed by a transport provider, you may be able to claim some of your meal and accommodation costs through them. Please check the terms and conditions of your transport provider’s ticket, and keep a copy of all their communication with you.
• The Real Travel Insurance PDS gives you all the information you need to make a travel claim. You can find a copy of the PDS at https://www.realinsurance.com.au/product-disclosure-statement/
If you don’t need emergency assistance, you can make a claim when you get back home. Contact us on 13 19 48.
• Take reasonable steps to minimise your claim. Contact your airline or Travel provider for assistance if you need to rearrange your travel plans.
• Keep your receipts and any other supporting documentation e.g. travel provider cancellation letters. If you are claiming for additional meal, accommodation, and travel costs, please ensure you retain copies of all of your expense receipts.
For details about what your policy covers, please refer to your Product Disclosure Statement. Limits, conditions and exclusions may apply under your policy.
We will assess all claims in accordance with your Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and your Certificate of Insurance. Your cover will depend on the type of plan you purchased and your particular circumstances.